Re: [O] Symbol's function definition is void: org-export-dispatch

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Symbol's function definition is void: org-export-dispatch
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 07:53:51 -0400

Joseph Vidal-Rosset <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> For the first time I've tried to export into a .tex file an draft .org.
>
> But C-c C-e  produces an error message in my emacs :
>
> symbol's function definition is void: org-export-dispatch
>
> I've tried to read the manual, read the discussion about this point via
> google, and I am lost.
>
> Can I find some help? I am a beginner...

org-export-dispatch is the top-level function used by the exporter in
version 8.x of org-mode: it does not exist in earlier versions. It
should just work if you have installed org-mode correctly, so the fact
that it doesn't indicates that there is probably an installation
problem. So the main questions are:

o What version of emacs are you running and what version of org-mode?

  M-x emacs-version

and

  M-x org-version

will tell you that.

o The source of your org-mode installation: are you using the org-mode
that came with your emacs, or did you download a different version? If
the latter, did you use a tarball, did you clone the git repo, did you
download from ELPA, or perhaps something else?

Answers to these questions should help to determine your next course of
action.
--
Nick