[O] proposal for a tool to translate orgmode outlines into programs

From: Isaac
Subject: [O] proposal for a tool to translate orgmode outlines into programs
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 16:38:52 +0000 (UTC)

proposal for a tool to translate orgmode outlines into programs

Idea:
    a program to translate orgmode note into script/programs which can be
used as a template/starting point for a real program after debugging,
refactoring.

Background and reasons:
    As I am accumulating more orgmode notes for problem solving, task
planning, project coordination,  I think it would be nice if a tool can
translate the orgmode (especially those problem solving ones) into programs
(as much as it can)- at least a program skeleton, where after
ideas(outlines) are done, we can generate a corresponding program which can
be quickly edited/debugged/re factored/tightened up to be useful running
programs - to facilitate problem solving and task repetition in the future.

Questions and Discussions:
    1. whether this would be a worthwhile idea, or such idea has been tried
before?

    2. do we have alternative solutions?

    3. if indeed this idea is interesting, what programming language it
would e worthwhile to translate to?
        currently I am thinking more along of the line of python, as its
indenting structure more or less resemble outlines. (though my personal take
for writing script is in ruby, lua is another interesting choice). this 3rd
question is what I don't know for sure, I found for me ruby is more
productive for scripting, and python has better supports ...
        ruby could be another attractive choice - level 1 headlines maybe
translated to a class, while other levels translate to methods ...

    Welcome your comments and ideas

    thanks, Isaac

    (while I am doing some search, found
    1. the reverse direction of this is: https://github.com/bjonnh/PyOrgMode
- python reading and writing orgmode, but would I would prefer is orgmode =>
python/ruby instead.
    2. another candidate is tangle - but idea here is different, not to
export codes written in orgmode, but to translate/turn orgmode text directly
into codes.
    3. an interesting node.js parser for orgmode:
https://github.com/daitangio/org-mode-parser

    Some further elaboration:
        1. say if a headline is an action:
            translate to def ... a function
        2. say if a headline is some description:
            translate to class ...
        3. some long lines can be simply turned to comments/docstring
        4. ... maybe ... some NLP can be used to decide what actions to
take?