Re: [O] Help on spreadsheet/calc references and improvements

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] Help on spreadsheet/calc references and improvements
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 19:03:47 +0200

Hi Karl, hi all

@maintainers:
According to the below I tried to improve the Org manual with the
attached patch, please review and apply.

On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Karl Voit <address@hidden> wrote:
> The things I learned about referencing other tables I documented in [1].
>
> Maybe you'll find it handy as a reference to referencing tables :-)
>
>   1.
> https://raw.github.com/novoid/org-mode-workshop/master/featureshow/org-mode-teaser.org
>      search for "referencing example with detailed explanation"

Yes, with all the explanations of how the formulas work your github
novoid/org-mode-workshop contains a very nice spreadsheet
documentation, for more than just referencing remote tables. Can you
please link the section here with mentioning that it contains
explanations of how the formulas work?:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/index.html

Your new example in github novoid/org-mode-workshop with
@2=remote(Income2012h, @3$$#)
- motivated by my example in the current Org manual
- that interprets text as a Calc algebraic expression, which is
  subject to reformatting
reminded me of that just copying fields is better done with a Lisp
formula "'(identity [...])", see attached patch for the Org manual.

Michael