Re: [O] capture, attach, link files from web

From: Myles English
Subject: Re: [O] capture, attach, link files from web
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 11:43:15 +0100

Hi Oleh,

ohwoeowho writes:

> I counter your tip with my own on capturing pdfs.
> Maybe you'll find some of this stuff useful for your case.

My use case is slightly different: I am looking for pictures and want to
"insert a picture right here to show up in the exported document", and I
have a different solution to the use case you describe, but thanks, it
is useful to see how to attach files via capture templates.

I get almost the same result as you but get there in a different way;
using zotero as the capture mechanism, exporting from zotero to a bibtex
file[1], hacking reftex[2] to supply a file path and then end up with a
nice TODO with a clickable link in the properties to open the pdf.

* \cite{gawin_simulation_2009} - Simulation of Cavitation in Water Saturated
Porous Media Considering Effects of Dissolved Air
:PROPERTIES:
:Created: <2013-03-05 Tue 14:13>
:Custom_ID: gawin_simulation_2009
:file:
[[library:/home/myles/.mozilla/firefox/5p1jxjph.default/zotero/storage/4RTT5M3F/Gawin%20and%20Sanavia%20-%20Simulation%20of%20Cavitation%20in%20Water%20Saturated%20Porous.pdf][file]]
:bib: [[bib:gawin_simulation_2009][bib]]
:END:

The only pain is that I have to patch reftex-cite.el every time it is
overwritten as I can't get my patch accepted due to a dead project.

Myles

Footnotes:
[1]  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-06/msg00503.html

[2]  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex-devel/2012-06/msg00002.html