Re: [O] How to collect status of all checkboxes in lower subtrees

From: Rainer Stengele
Subject: Re: [O] How to collect status of all checkboxes in lower subtrees
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 16:21:38 +0200

Am 10.10.2013 18:05, schrieb Eric S Fraga:
> Rainer Stengele <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have a headline with several sub headlines and sub items in lists.
>> Scattered all over I have checkboxes.
>> I would very much like to collect and see the overall status of unchecked
>> checkboxes.
>
> Not sure you can do what you want.  However, if you change the checkbox
> lists to headlines with TODOs, what you want is possible:
>
> #+begin_src org
>   ,* project [2/6]
>   ,** [1/3] subproject 1
>   ,*** TODO todo 1
>   ,*** DONE todo 2
>   ,*** TODO todo 3
>   ,** [1/3] sub subproject 1
>   ,*** TODO todo 1
>   ,*** TODO todo 2
>   ,*** DONE todo 3
> #+end_src

Thank you Eric,
until now TODOs for me always seemed to be a bit heavyweight because of the
headline needed.
I wonder how people are working.
Do you use checkboxes a lot or prefer TODOs even for simple subtasks?

I find it disturbing to have to open a new headline just for a simple task.
This forces me to continue with TODOs (= headlines) else all subitems will
belong to the preceding headline.

Any best practice or comment?

Thanks,
Rainer