Re: [O] Two column output

From: Mehul Sanghvi
Subject: Re: [O] Two column output
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 10:00:01 -0400

Hi Iannis,

        Thanks.  This might be what I'm looking for, it certainly looks like what I want.

cheers,

     mehul

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 1:29 AM, Iannis Zannos <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello Mehul,

for HTML you would need to find/modify/write your own css template. I find the relatively recent Bootstrap package rather convenient for doing things like that because it defines a grid right away out of the box and gives you the means for defining columns and rectangular areas (boxes). http://getbootstrap.com. See http://getbootstrap.com/getting-started/#examples and http://getbootstrap.com/examples/jumbotron-narrow/

There is a package integrating orgmode export with bootstrap called o-blog. https://github.com/renard/o-blog. Here is an example of source code in a second column next to text:
http://renard.github.io/o-blog/index.html (scroll down a little after the large heading "Quick Start Guide").

Iannis Zannos

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 6:01 AM, Mehul Sanghvi <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
Mehul Sanghvi <address@hidden> writes:

> How do I get two column output with org-mode ?  I'm not looking for
> tables but more like what you get in a newspaper article.  Is that
> possible to do with org-mode ?
>
> For the most part this is for publishing to HTML and PDF.

For LaTeX/PDF, this should suffice:

#+LATEX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [twocolumn]

For HTML, I have no idea.

One of the things I would like to do is be able to have two side-by-side source code blocks so that I can do a comparison of the two.

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi
email: address@hidden

--