Re: [O] [bug] cannot export with babel function calls

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] cannot export with babel function calls
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 14:47:54 -0600

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> a few weeks ago, I noted a problem that arose with the more recent
> versions of emacs (I track emacs-snapshot for ubuntu):
>
>     http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/76519/
>
> The problem does not arise with the emacs 24 version distributed with
> ubuntu 13.04. I had hoped that this problem would disappear but I have
> upgraded emacs-snapshot two or three times since and the problem
> continues.
>
> To summarise, exporting an org file fails if there are any babel calls
> (i.e. #+call: or inline call_).  The error is "Marker points into wrong
> buffer".  I have verified this with =emacs -Q=.  I'm attaching a test
> file along with the resulting backtrace from =org-export-dispatch=,
> choosing export to LaTeX.
>
> Yes, I can go back to an older version of emacs but that avoids getting
> the problem fixed.  I have not filed an emacs bug report as I have only
> run into this problem with org.  I was hoping that somebody here could
> have a look.  I am happy to help in any way I can.  Too many (most!) of
> my org files make use of babel now...
>
> Thanks,
> eric

I actually get a different error [1], namely that the call line can't be
parsed because we're using a regex to grab call lines and regular
expressions can't count parens.

Exporting a slightly changed file (attached [2]) works for me w/o error.
I'm using the following Emacs version [3].  I may have to wait until the
cause of this error hits the Emacs in the Arch Linux package system to
debug further.

Cheers,

Footnotes:
[1]  org-babel-read: End of file during parsing

[2]
#+TITLE:     examplebug.org
#+AUTHOR:    Eric S Fraga

* babel test
#+name: test
#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var x=5
  (list x)
#+end_src

#+call: test('(a b c))

I should be able to put the output inline using call_test('foo).
[3]  $ emacs --version
     GNU Emacs 24.3.1
     GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
     You may redistribute copies of Emacs
     under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
     For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte