[O] Error using capture: "Capture abort: (wrong-type-argument stringp |)

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: [O] Error using capture: "Capture abort: (wrong-type-argument stringp |)"
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 06:40:09 -0700

I have made only minor changes to my capture-templates variable, which is admittedly quite convoluted.  Recently, this error pops up whenever I run C-cC and any of the keys for templates:

 Capture abort: (wrong-type-argument stringp |)

Does this ring a bell for anyone?  Does this mean that "|" is encountered in a template, as a string, and shouldn't be?

Thank you,

Alan