Re: [O] [babel] Commenting out src blocks for tangling

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Commenting out src blocks for tangling
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 16:37:07 +0200

Hello,

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I cannot make this work.

address@hidden writes:

> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I agree - COMMENTing a subtree should automatically disable tangling of code
>> blocks in the
>> subtree. Would this something which could be introduced easily, as it seems
>> there are quite a few
>> who assumed that it would be doing it?
>
> This is now the case in master:
> http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=8e0b45

I just tried it with my init file and it did not work. Here is a
minimal example. Save this as "test.org":

* Testing

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(message "hello world")
#+END_SRC

* COMMENT Commenting

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(message "Salut le monde 2")
#+END_SRC

Then do a "M-x org-babel-load-file" giving "test.org" as file name.

If you look at *Messages*, or at the generated test.el, you will see the
second block has been tangled.

Am I missing something with this feature, or is this a bug? (I tried
with "emacs -Q" and loading a current org, and the same happens.)

Thanks,

Alan