Re: [O] Portable formatting of export?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Portable formatting of export?
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 09:49:35 +0200

Hi Klaus,

Klaus-Dieter Bauer <address@hidden> writes:

> This left me wondering however, if it is possible to create org files that
> will produce the same output on every machine, regardless of the local
> emacs customizations (of course assuming that no hacks of the export engine
> are part of the configuration).

The authority on fully reproducible exports on this list is
Thomas S. Dye.   You might be able to find his posts searching
for "Aloha".  I believe he has a per-project .el file with settings.

You could also have settings in a Babel emacs-lisp block.  I do that
sometimes.  Then use e.g. org-babel-load-file.

> In order to make the files more portable I have been trying to make changes
> affecting export with things like #+LATEX_HEADER: but e.g. changing the
> documentclass to scrartcl seems to be possible only by changing a
> customization variable (org-latex-classes).

Customizatoins through org-latex-classes are a lot more comfortable
than adding all those LaTeX headers IMO.

> Is it possible to make the export engine assume defaults for all
> customization variables for a file (preferably through an in-file setting)
> and to specify those customization inside the file?

Yes.

And you can always check that it works as expected with emacs -q.

–Rasmus

--
May the Force be with you