Re: [O] Babel issue after upgrade to Org 8?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Babel issue after upgrade to Org 8?
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 10:59:50 +0000 (UTC)

SabreWolfy <sabrewolfy <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I've recently updated my Debian unstable installation and Emacs now
reports
> this on startup:
>
> Symbol's function definition is void: org-babel-do-load-language
>
> My .emacs includes:
>
> (org-babel-do-load-languages 'org-babel-load-languages '((R . t)))
>
> I've searched for a solution and read the notes about upgrading to Org 8
> (which may have occurred during the update?), but have not found a
solution.
> Can someone point me in the right direction, please? Thanks.

I just had this problem after upgrading from Ubuntu 13.04 to 13.10. I have
not changed my .emacs file, and the part which loads babel in my .emacs file
reads

(org-babel-do-load-languages
 'org-babel-load-languages
 '((python . t)
   ))

The error I get reads,
"Symbol's function definition is void: org-babel-do-load-languages"

I'm on org-mode 8.0.6 (Ubuntu package:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/org-mode/8.0.6-3 ), and I believe this
package is straight from the Debian packages. Did this problem ever get
resolved? Needless to say, everything worked before the upgrade.

Thanks,
Rasmus