Re: [O] Beamer export: How to handle overlayarea

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer export: How to handle overlayarea
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 18:59:08 +0200

Hello,

James Harkins <address@hidden> writes:

> Under "Block environments and overlay specifications," where it discusses
> custom environments, I would add:
>
> ~~
> - Environment options may be given using the BEAMER_opt property. They will
> be enclosed in square brackets and inserted where %o appears in the
> environment definition.
> (with an example, but I can't think of one now)
>
> - Additional arguments may be written into the environment's headline, and
> inserted into the LaTeX string using %r (raw headline text, no processing).
> ~~

There are two things to consider: what belongs to the manual, and what
belongs to `org-beamer-environments-extra' docstring.

I think it is reasonable for the manual not to talk about %o, %r... but,
instead, simply point to the variable name.

> I think it's important to mention it in the section where it can be used.
> My faulty conclusion was based on the fact that the only mention of _opt is
> in a section about frames.

Then what about changing

     Headlines also support 'BEAMER_ACT' and 'BEAMER_OPT' properties.  The
  former is translated as an overlay/action specification, or a default
  overlay specification when enclosed within square brackets.  The latter
  specifies options for the current frame.

into something like

   Headlines also support 'BEAMER_ACT' and 'BEAMER_OPT' properties. The
former is translated as an overlay/action specification, or a default
overlay specification when enclosed within square brackets.  The latter
specifies options for the current frame or block, and will automatically
be enclosed within square brackets.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou