Re: [O] Repeating the customization survey?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] Repeating the customization survey?
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 21:11:07 +0200

Dnia 2013-10-23, o godz. 15:34:09
Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> napisaƂ(a):

> Dear all,
>
> in 2009, we ran a customization survey, to figure out which variables
> are actually used by active Org-mode users.  The results can be seen
> here:
>
>        http://orgmode.org/worg/org-configs/org-customization-survey.html
>
> I was wondering if it would be useful to repeats this - the results
> might be instructive.
>
> It should be much easier this time, because we now have a function
> that will actually list all changed variables - so we would only have
> to ask people to run a simple lisp command and send in the results.
> Of course, then a volunteer would have to collect and analyse the
> output.  Last time Manish and myself did this, and I remember that it
> was interesting and fun.
>
> Any takers?

1. Does it require in-depth knowledge of Elisp?  (I guess not, but
wanted to ask - I'm not a programmer.)

2. When it should be done?  (I have a negative amount of spare
time now, but a few big commitments of mine finish this or next week.)

3. Is it very much time-consuming?  (More than 4-5 hours might mean I'm
out.)

> - Carsten

Best,

--