Re: [O] make new links show as figures?

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] make new links show as figures?
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 09:28:34 +0200

Hi Rick and John,

address@hidden writes:

> On 2013-10-22 21:53, John Kitchin wrote:
>> Is it possible to define new links that would be rendered as inline
>> images?
>>
>> I am imagining something like
>>
>> chemdraw:benzene.png
>>
>> which would show the benzene.png file inline, but when I click on it
>> would open a chemdraw file for editing.
>
> unfortunately, it seems that `org-display-inline-images' has a
> hardcoded regex which searches only for =file:= links.
>
> Wouldn't a better way be to define =chemdraw= as a babel language?
>
> ob-plantuml, ob-dot and ob-mscgen are all examples of babel languages
> which generate images.

This may be related to a question I had a couple weeks ago (see
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/77567). The current logic
seems to be to display inline images when the link points to an image,
it would be great to extend it when the description, or part of the
link, points to an image.

Alan