Re: [O] [RFC] Slight change to asynchronous export

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Slight change to asynchronous export
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 11:50:26 +0100

Nicolas Goaziou writes:

> At the moment, by default, external emacs process for asynchronous
> export is called with:

>   /path/to/emacs -Q --batch -l org-export-async-init-file ... export stuff...

> where `org-export-async-init-file' defaults to `user-init-file'. It is,
> by default, not the same as calling "emacs", because of the "-Q".

> I suggest allowing a nil (default) value for
> `org-export-async-init-file'. In that case, the command will become:

>   /path/to/emacs --batch ... export stuff...

> If it is a file, it will be the same as before.

> WDYT?

Fine with me.  I wouldn't use it as I have customizations in my Emacs
file though.  I'm guessing this is the case for most people. . .

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> 2013ko urriak 27an, Nicolas Goaziou-ek idatzi zuen:

> I guess you want to make it so that users don’t have to configure async
> export (beyond just flipping it on) in order to use it.  But I don’t
> know if there is a sensible way to parcel out benign bits of
> initialization code from dangerous ones without user intervention.
> (“Dangerous” only in the sense of “should not be run by the export
> process”.)

The issue is parsing out settings like org-latex-tables-booktabs etc.

I have a pretty structured init file and am able to pick out the right
parts of my config file by only evaluating the part of the init file
that starts with ";;*+ Org" and end with "**? [A-Za-z0-9]".

–Rasmus

--
Vote for proprietary math!