Re: [O] RLT (hebrew) tables and org-odt-export-to-odt problems

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [O] RLT (hebrew) tables and org-odt-export-to-odt problems
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 00:17:35 +0100

>> "Jambunathan" == Jambunathan K <Jambunathan> writes:

Strangely enough, I don't see your answer on gmane.
   > In LibreOffice,

   >     Right click on the table->Table->Text Direction->Right-to-Left.

Aha,
   > Now, does what you see seem right to you?

Yes indeed it does!!

I fiddled around with a function which converts the order of the words,
not the letters in the row[1]. But this solution is better, it never
occurred to me to look for such a functionality in OO (I am using AOO,
because of a bug in LibreOffice concerning niqqud in hebrew)

   > As a side-note, the OrgOdtStyles.xml using a LibreOffice that uses en-GB
   > (IN).  So, there could be "issues" when it is used with "other"
   > languages.

   > You will be better of creating a .ott file that uses language and
   > country of your choice.

   > See Tools->Options->Language Settings->Languages->Default Languages for
   Documents-> Whatever.

   > I have seen recommendations of using CTL->Hebrew.

This I have activated of course, but this is for documents which are
*generated* by OO.

   > As an experiment, look at your *Messages* buffer and see where the
   > exporter is loading OrgOdtStyles.xml from.  In the same directory, there
   > would be a OrgOdtContentTemplate.xml.  Look for the "OrgTable" style
   > spec.

There is a problem.
I attach parts of the *Messages* buffer. It seems he does this in a
directory in /tmp/odt-1217v_I/
but the directory is already deleted, can this be?

,----
`----

   > Now re-export.  See whether things are OK.

I am keen to test this, but right now I am stacked since I don't know
where to find these style files.

BTW there is another problem with table export which I will report in a
different message.

Uwe