Re: [O] [Exporter] Why is :author a list in the communication channel?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] [Exporter] Why is :author a list in the communication channel?
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 14:45:55 -0500

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

>> This is orthogonal to the fact that multiple lines are not allowed. For
>> that, see BEHAVIOUR item in `org-export-options-alist'. In particular,
>> you can compare "TITLE" and "AUTHOR" entries.
>
> Ok, I understand, so this is all working fine just as intended. For
> multiple authors one could use a workaround/convention like
>
>  ,------------------------------------------
>  | #+author: Thorsten_Jolitz Thomas_Mueller
>
> and then split the string two times (first blanks, then underscores).

... or you could modify org-export-options-alist, e.g.:

  (setcar org-export-options-alist '(:author "AUTHOR" nil user-full-name space))

This is a bit too fragile as a general solution: it assumes that the
:author entry is the car of org-export-options-alist which happens to be
the case in my setup, but if you rearrange things, it might not be the
case in your setup. Doing list surgery in the general case is left as
an exercise.

Nick