Re: [O] Most Recent Org Update

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: [O] Most Recent Org Update
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 17:29:01 +0900

Hello,
** Dov Grobgeld [2013-11-05 09:24:24 +0200]:

> I had the same problem after pulling from git yesterday and worked around
> it by doing:

> ; This is a bug work around
> (defun org-element-cache-reset (&optional all) (interactive))

> before requiring org.

I noticed that 'org-element-cache-reset' function is "defined" in
'org.el' (actually it is "declare-function" as many others) and used in
2 placed in that file.

At 1/5 of 'org.el' file there is (require 'org-footnote) and in that
file there only one "call" to org-element-cache-reset function *without*
defining it (no 'declare-function'). That "call" is in function
'org-footnote-section' and has form

  :initialize 'custom-initialize-set
  :set (lambda (var val) (set var val) (org-element-cache-reset 'all))

As I understand, the chain: (require 'org) [in .emacs] which it turns
(require 'org-footnote) which has 'initialize' and call to
'org-element-cache-reset' leads to this issue.

(As I said earlier I don't know Emacs Lisp well enough so use quoted
terms).

I tried to put 'declare-function' into 'org-footnote.el' but without
luck (other error message), so I came up to my workaround (I noticed
that there is a line in 'org.el' which do something with
'org-footnote-section' and set it to nil).

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Fourth Law of Applied Terror:
        The night before the English History mid-term, your Biology

Corollary:
        Every instructor assumes that you have nothing else to do except
        study for that instructor's course.