Re: [O] libxml-parse-xml-region: Raise runtime error, don't return nil

From: Christof Spitz
Subject: Re: [O] libxml-parse-xml-region: Raise runtime error, don't return nil
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 08:44:32 +0100

Emacs did return a runtime error, it was simply my mistake not to have noticed it in the Message buffer.

2013/11/9 Jambunathan K <address@hidden>

Christof

Christof Spitz <address@hidden> writes:

> I found the bug: Windows-Emacs was missing the libxml2 library. I got
> the libxml2-2.7.8.-w32-bin.zip, copied the content of /bin into Emacs'
> /bin directory and now the formatting works.

This should have been very difficult to track down.

ox-freemind.el does invoke `libxml-parse-xml-region'.  I think Emacs
should raise a runtime error (and not return nil) if the above API is
called but libxml is unavailable.

ps: This bug is a good excuse to audit "other" such wrapper calls (if
there are any) and make sure that they don't fall silently.