Re: [O] Release 8.2.2

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Release 8.2.2
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 20:49:13 +0100

Hi Sean,

Sean Sieger <address@hidden> writes:

> Will Org 8.2.2 be merged into the development trunk of Emacs?

Yes, this is the plan -- but I need a few hours for this task, it's
not easy to get them in a raw.

> Or, is the proper way to keep up with Org-mode through the ELPA?

My preferred way is to install from git.

When you install from git you need to run

~$ make

or

~$ make autoloads

and to put org-mode/lisp in your load-path.

You can install/update from ELPA, but you need to do this from an
Emacs session where you did *not* load Org.  See the installation
instructions in the manual.

> (Please forgive if this has been mentioned on-list already---though
> I try to keep up).
>
> When I updated Org by way of ELPA, I started getting backtraces like
> this when syncing with MobileOrg:
>
> org-refresh-category-properties: Invalid function:
> org-with-silent-modifications

Yes, that's frequent problem when upgrading from ELPA.

> ... and forgive this, too, but I haven't been able to get new Org
> changes since 7.9-something.

Hope you'll enjoy a fresh Org soon :)

--
 Bastien