Re: [O] [bug] ox-org.el subtree export appears broken

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] ox-org.el subtree export appears broken
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 19:12:55 -0700

> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> My initial thoughts are that inserting keywords *with* values while not
>> inserting empty keywords would be the most intuitive.
>
> TITLE always have a value. When not specified, it defaults to buffer's
> name.
>
> Also, what keywords? Document keywords (DATE, AUTHOR, TITLE)? Or other
> export related keyword (CREATOR, DESCRIPTION, KEYWORDS, EMAIL)? Anything
> else (OPTIONS, LANGUAGE...)?

Hmmm, I don't have a strong intuition here.  I'm tempted to say that
whatever the HTML export engine does would be a good starting place,
plus any keyword explicitly set in subtree properties.  I feel like this
decision must have already been made in some other Org-mode function, so
copying those decisions would be the best bet.

> Also, should these belong to the inner or outer template, i.e. should
> they be excluded unconditionally on a "body-only" export, or not?

Outer template, excluded from body only.

> This is not very difficult to implement, but I'd rather have precise
> specifications first. And since you are the one making the request...

Understood, and I do appreciate the implementation (and apologize for my
delay in reply).  I hope the above sound like a good starting place to
you.

For what it's worth, this need arose while lazily implementing
current-subtree-only Emacs driven presentations with epresent [1].

Thanks,

> Regards,

Footnotes:
[1]