Re: [O] Bug: property drawers within code blocks interfere [8.2.2 (8.2.2

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: property drawers within code blocks interfere [8.2.2 (8.2.2-elpa @ /home/tod/.emacs.d/.cask/24.3.50.1/elpa/org-20131108/)]
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 22:44:08 +0100

Hi Aaron and Tod,

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> This seems like an excellent use case for the parser: basically a bunch
> of uses of org-*-regexp and org-re-property need to be augmented with
> a check like:
> (not (memq (org-element-type (org-element-at-point)) '(src-block
> example-block ...)))
>
> A better alternative might be to use the parser to find the property
> drawer in the first place (instead of a regex).  Either way, it seems
> like the best strategy might be to fix all uses of these problem
> variables at once, which is a big undertaking.

Also don't forget the cost in terms of speed.  It's fine to fix the
behavior of Org for such cases, but those cases are rare, and could
be explicitely prevented.  If the general fix does not slow down the
parsing too much, then I'm all for it.  Nicolas might have better
insight here than me.

2 cents,

--
 Bastien