Re: [O] org-mouse

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org-mouse
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 11:43:14 -0500

Kenneth Jacker <address@hidden> writes:

> [ Xubuntu 12.04.3;  Xfce 4.8;  Wfwm 4.8.3; org-mode 8.2.1 ]
>
> As stated in the ELisp source file, I put this in my .emacs:
>
>     (require 'org-mouse)
>
> I then "evaled" the above, and even restarted Emacs, but I can't seem to
> get any additional "mouse behavior" in Org.
>
> Do I need something else?

No, evaling the require should be enough.

Try clicking button-1 on an asterisk of a heading in an org file: does
it fold the item? If so, it's working :-)

org-mouse.el contains the following notes - that should give you an idea
of what it does:

;; Org-mouse implements the following features:
;; * following links with the left mouse button (in Emacs 22)
;; * subtree expansion/collapse (org-cycle) with the left mouse button
;; * several context menus on the right mouse button:
;;    + general text
;;    + headlines
;;    + timestamps
;;    + priorities
;;    + links
;;    + tags
;; * promoting/demoting/moving subtrees with mouse-3
;;    + if the drag starts and ends in the same line then promote/demote
;;    + otherwise move the subtree
;;

It all seems to work fine for me.

Nick