Re: [O] how to make relative file links?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] how to make relative file links?
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 22:48:11 -0500

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> I find that capture creates an absolute file link regardless of the variable.

That's correct: the variable is only used by org-insert-link. Capture
uses org-store-link which stores an absolute link.

Since you can initiate a capture from an arbitrary location in the file
system and store the capture in some other arbitrary location, it would
be a bit more difficult to use anything but absolute links (and things
like symbolic links might make it quite a bit more difficult). It
probably could be done, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

--
Nick