Re: [O] \newpage in HTML export

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] \newpage in HTML export
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 08:08:01 +0530

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Emacs already has the concept of the page-delimiter (defaults to ^L),
> for page-related commands. I once floated the idea of making a
> page-break a full org element, that could be handled differently by
> different backends.

You are not alone.

The ODT model would be to create a Paragraph style with page-break
before or after.  It is not a standalone element but a special type of
paragraph.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-08/msg00568.html

I have introduced #+PAGEBREAK and also #+ATTR_ODT: :style "whatever" for
specifically this purpose.

> I think I made it sound too complicated, though.

It is difficult to argue with Nicolas.

He has written down a list of things he want to accomplish somewhere.
Unless your suggestion is a bug or contributes to his list, he is
unlikely to consider it.

> Anyway, that's still a possibility.

Ok. Ok.