Re: [O] Is it possible to specify the starting number of headings at exp

From: Yujie Wen
Subject: Re: [O] Is it possible to specify the starting number of headings at exporting
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 06:03:52 +0800

Hi, Jambunathan and Nick

  Yes, I prefer the separated org files be exported to several HTMLs, but with continuous heading numbering. Not that re-including them and export into one HTML. :) Thanks for your suggestions.

Yujie

2013/11/21 Nick Dokos <address@hidden>
Yujie Wen <address@hidden> writes:

>   I am wondering whether it is possible to define the starting number
> of headings when exporting org-mode files.
>
>   The problem is that, I had a long Org file that I want to separate
> it into several small ones, each will be exported to a HTML file. But
> if so, every exported HTML will have the headings numbered from 1,
> while I prefer the headings be numbered as if they are exported from
> one file, to show the continuation of contents.

If you split the big org file into small ones, you can use #+INCLUDE to
put things back together. It does not do quite what you want - it'll
produce a single HTML file on export - but I for one don't really care
what the HTML file looks like, as long as I can edit convenienttly.

--
Nick