Re: [O] [BUG][ODT] Subtree export fails when link references target on h

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG][ODT] Subtree export fails when link references target on higher level
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 10:08:59 +0100

Hi,

What I described already works out of the box, as long as a bookmark and
cross-reference are generated. In LibreOffice, you can then right-click
on the field of the cross-reference to display e.g. the target's chapter
heading number or page number instead of a textual description.

But on reflection, I think there's a strong case to change the default
ODT output of links with dedicated targets to page number
references. Under the new exporter, such <<targets>> are hidden in
output, i.e. they no longer contain text that will serve as a
description, and as shown by my example they may not always belong to a
heading. But in an ODT document they will always belong to a page, and
page number references would be a customary choice for printed media.

If that sounds reasonable I'll send a mini-patch later today.

Yours,
Christian