Re: [O] [BUG][ODT] Subtree export fails when link references target on h

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG][ODT] Subtree export fails when link references target on higher level
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 10:42:03 +0100

Hello,

Christian Moe <address@hidden> writes:

> But on reflection, I think there's a strong case to change the default
> ODT output of links with dedicated targets to page number
> references. Under the new exporter, such <<targets>> are hidden in
> output, i.e. they no longer contain text that will serve as a
> description, and as shown by my example they may not always belong to a
> heading. But in an ODT document they will always belong to a page, and
> page number references would be a customary choice for printed media.
>
> If that sounds reasonable I'll send a mini-patch later today.

You seem to forget a use-case here: when the target belongs to an item,
[[target1]] returns its number. Displaying the page, albeit correct,
would be less interesting in that situation.

Also, that would introduce an incompatibility with every other major
back-end. At the moment, the compatible way to handle it would just be
to ignore [[target1]] altogether (and keep section/list/whatever number
for other calls).

What do you think?

Regards,

--