Re: [O] Near real-time preview of PDF/ODT export?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Near real-time preview of PDF/ODT export?
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 15:32:46 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Bastien

> How far are we from allowing users to preview an exported Org buffer
> into a separate window, and displaying either a PDF or an ODT document
> through DocView?

not sure about Org preview, but when using AucTex, Evince updates
automatically when re-compiling the doc, the display looks nicer, and
the first display of an entire (big) pdf is definitely faster than with
DocView.

Using my window-manager to put the Emacs and Evince frames side-by-side
gives me direct feedback about the resulting pdf each time I do C-c C-c
in the .tex buffer.

I don't know if this would work in Org-mode with re-exporting just like
in AucTex with re-compiling. But anyway, I guess you are looking for an
Emacs solution without external programs like Evince.

--
cheers,
Thorsten