Re: [O] Converting org-mode/org-contacts to VCard (importing to Android)

From: Feng Shu
Subject: Re: [O] Converting org-mode/org-contacts to VCard (importing to Android)
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 16:36:22 +0800

Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:

> * Rüdiger Sonderfeld <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Friday 22 November 2013 17:37:01 Karl Voit wrote:
>>> The reason I wrote it in Python is that I don't know ELISP well
>>> enough. The reason I wrote the script instead of using existing
>>> export methods: I only want to export a small sub-set (names, phone
>>> numbers, email addresses, contact image) due to privacy reasons.
>>
>> That should be possible with the existing VCard export.  See `org-contacts-
>> ignore-property' to ignore specific properties.  And `org-contacts-export-as-
>> vcard' takes a NAME parameter to limit the names.
>
> Fair enough :-)
>
> However, I did additional things like checks, filtering, and so
> forth that were important to my data-set. E.g., my contact template
> does contain "0043/" as a pre-filled content for phone numbers. I
> wanted to ignore those fields that got only this template and not a
> complete phone number. I also wanted to get warnings in case some
> data does not fulfill certain other requirements.

use (replace-regexp-in-string "^[0-9]\\{4,4\\}/" "" "0043/333/333")

#+begin_src
(defun org-contacts-vcard-format (contact)
  "Formats CONTACT in VCard 3.0 format."
  (let* ((properties (caddr contact))
         (name (org-contacts-vcard-escape (car contact)))
         (n (org-contacts-vcard-encode-name name))
         (email (cdr (assoc-string org-contacts-email-property properties)))
         (tel (cdr (assoc-string org-contacts-tel-property properties)))
         (ignore-list (cdr (assoc-string org-contacts-ignore-property
properties)))
         (ignore-list (when ignore-list
                        (org-contacts-split-property ignore-list)))
         (note (cdr (assoc-string org-contacts-note-property properties)))
         (bday (org-contacts-vcard-escape (cdr (assoc-string
org-contacts-birthday-property properties))))
         (addr (cdr (assoc-string org-contacts-address-property properties)))
         (nick (org-contacts-vcard-escape (cdr (assoc-string
org-contacts-nickname-property properties))))
         (head (format "BEGIN:VCARD\nVERSION:3.0\nN:%s\nFN:%s\n" n name))
         emails-list result phones-list)
    (concat head
            (when email (progn
                          (setq emails-list
(org-contacts-remove-ignored-property-values ignore-list
(org-contacts-split-property email)))
                          (setq result "")
                          (while emails-list
                            (setq result (concat result  "EMAIL:"
(org-contacts-strip-link (car emails-list)) "\n"))
                            (setq emails-list (cdr emails-list)))
                          result))
            (when addr
              (format "ADR:;;%s\n" (replace-regexp-in-string "\\, ?" ";" addr)))
            (when tel (progn
                        (setq phones-list
(org-contacts-remove-ignored-property-values ignore-list
(org-contacts-split-property tel)))
                        (setq result "")
                        (while phones-list
                          (setq result (concat result  "TEL:"
(replace-regexp-in-string "^[0-9]\\{4,4\\}/" ""  (org-link-unescape
(org-contacts-strip-link (car phones-list)))) "\n"))
                          (setq phones-list (cdr phones-list)))
                        result))
            (when bday
              (let ((cal-bday (calendar-gregorian-from-absolute
(org-time-string-to-absolute bday))))
                (format "BDAY:%04d-%02d-%02d\n"
                        (calendar-extract-year cal-bday)
                        (calendar-extract-month cal-bday)
                        (calendar-extract-day cal-bday))))
            (when nick (format "NICKNAME:%s\n" nick))
            (when note (format "NOTE:%s\n" note))
            "END:VCARD\n\n")))

#+end_src