Re: [O] [BUG] org-confirm-babel-evaluate breaks inline src blocks

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] org-confirm-babel-evaluate breaks inline src blocks
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 09:19:07 -0700

Charles Berry <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Schulte <schulte.eric <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Charles Berry <ccberry <at> ucsd.edu> writes:
>>
> [snip]
>>
>> Thanks for pointing this out, I've just pushed up a fix.
>>

> AFAICS, it is still broken.
>
> I did a git pull, downloaded the patches, applied them, compiled
> ob-core.el. I am still getting
>
> org-babel-exp-results: Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil
>

> I suspect that
>
>    (,head           (nth 6 ,info))
>   (goto-char ,head)
>
> in the org-babel-check-confirm-evaluate macro is the source of the message.
>
> (nth 6 info) is nil for inline src blocks.

Indeed the fix was to set this element of info to point to the front of
the inline src block.  I imagine that you probably don't have the
patched version of the relevant function loaded.  Please try M-x
describe-function on org-babel-get-src-block-info, then jump to the
definition of said function where you should see the following code
which now sets the location of the inline src block head into the last
element of the info list.

      ;; inline source block
      (when (org-babel-get-inline-src-block-matches)
        (setq head (match-beginning 0))
        (setq info (org-babel-parse-inline-src-block-match))))

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte