[O] More koma confusion: subject option

From: James Harkins
Subject: [O] More koma confusion: subject option
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 18:39:21 +0800

According to [1], "#+OPTIONS: subject:nil" should suppress printing the #+TITLE at the top of the letter. It seems that the previous bug prevents the expected line "\KOMAoption{subject}{untitled}" from being generated.

Okay... so, what if I set "#+OPTIONS: subject:untitled"? Then I get something like:

\KOMAoption{subject}{untitled}
\setkomavar{subject}{The title}

.. and LaTeX prints "The title" in bold, above the salutation.

If I remove the #+TITLE line (or comment it out), then the exporter assumes that the title should be the file name, minus the .org extension. This conflicts with [1], which claims that the default subject is an empty string.

I can suppress the subject by providing an empty #+TITLE line, but the documentation suggests that this should not be necessary.

??

hjh

[1] http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/koma-letter-export.html