Re: [O] commit 5ea0228 has problem opening big org-mode file

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] commit 5ea0228 has problem opening big org-mode file
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 09:26:42 -1000

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> It may be that hack-local-variables takes a long time to process a large
> file, although I don't think so: iirc, it limits itself to a tail of the
> file of a given size, or the last "page" of the file (demarcated by ^L),
> whichever is smaller.

Hi Nick,

I haven't noticed any slowdown or hangs since hack-local-variables was
introduced.

I have noticed that I need to answer the query about loading file local
variables twice:

Please type y, n, or !, or C-v to scroll: y [2 times]

The first y has no apparent effect (except to make the second y
effective).

hth,
Tom

--