Re: [O] Opening an Org file slowed down

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] Opening an Org file slowed down
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 20:44:53 +0100

Hi Achim

Thank you for looking into this.

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Achim Gratz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Michael Brand writes:
>> 2) choice:
>>    - for quadratic do: M-x org-mode
>>    - for linear do: M-x org-version
>
> You have a botched installation.  Make sure that the autoloads
> are current,

I always do "make cleanall uncompiled". Is this correct?

> that the Org install directory comes first in load-path

I checked with C-h v load-path and my "/git/org-mode/lisp" is the very
first.

> and that you require org-loaddefs before anything else in your
> startup sequence that possibly touches anything Org-related.

Before I tried without the --eval, but I can reproduce quadratic with
the following too:

/[...]/Emacs -Q -L /git/org-mode/lisp --eval '(require (quote org-loaddefs))'

Now I tried "make cleanall compile" the first time and then I can not
reproduce anymore until I go back to "make cleanall uncompiled". Did
you try to reproduce with my recipe and uncompiled?

Michael