Re: [O] commit 5ea0228 has problem opening big org-mode file

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] commit 5ea0228 has problem opening big org-mode file
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 08:25:55 +0100

York Zhao writes:
> As explained above, yes, my `org-mode' is in some other path outside of Emacs,
> e.g., "foo/org-mode", which I had already explained, I'm going to delete the
> first line. But it doesn't hurt to have the first line anyways right?

It could have (depending on what other files you might have had there,
not from the Git repo).  It certainly muddied the waters w.r.t. your bug
report.

For the rest of your post: no need to get defensive.  My point was (and
is) that each bug report should clearly state which version of Emacs and
Org is used, and where and how these are installed; the most concise way
of providing this information is to use org-submit-bug-report.  The
guesswork to glean this from other information in the thread too often
leads to wrong conclusions.

Regards,
Achim.