Re: [O] Babel support for the D language

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Babel support for the D language
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2013 11:04:03 -0700

Thierry Banel <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Schulte <schulte.eric <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Hi Thierry,
>>
>> I've added ob-D.el to the contrib/lisp directory of Org-mode.  Would it
>> make sense to add D as a c-variant in ob-C.el?
>>
>> Thanks for the contribution, and for the documentation!
>>
>> Thierry Banel <tbanelwebmin <at> free.fr> writes:
>>

> Hi Eric
>
> That's awsome !
>
> Yes, it would make sense, as D and C++ share a lot.
> There are differences, though:
>   tables are translated as:
>     string[][]; in D
>     char*[]; in C++
>   includes are translated as:
>     import std.stdio;  in D
>     #include <stdio> in C++
>
> But yes, probably sharing a single ob-C.el file would save some maintenance
> effort. And by the way, ob-D.el was directly inspired by your ob-C.el.
>
> I'm open and willing to go further.
> Thierry

Great,

I think this incorporation into ob-C.el would be the next logical step.
You'd want to use the `org-babel-c-variant' in the same manner as C++
does currently.  But there's no rush, and any changes there couldn't be
merged until after your FSF copyright assignment forms have been
completed.

Best Regards,

--
Eric Schulte