Re: [O] Org-mode in windows fires Tramp without any intervention

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode in windows fires Tramp without any intervention
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 10:07:22 +0100

Toni Cebrián <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,

Hi Toni,

> I have my own complex Emacs configuration files developed over time
> when working in a Linux environment. You can see that
> https://github.com/tonicebrian/emacsconfig in case you are curious. It
> works seamlessly in Linux and I tried to use that as-is when working
> in Windows. Emacs in Windows reads that configuration and fires up
> also without any warning. The problem comes when I try to open a
> complex Org file, with some links in it. I don't know why, but Tramp
> is fired and tries to ssh to the machines in one URL within a link
> element that has the form "http://machine:8080/more/levels";.
>
> I don't even have the (require 'tramp) in my init.el file so this is
> something the Org mode plugging is doing by itself. By the way, the
> org mode version I have is org-20131202 from elpa and Emacs is 24.3.1
> for Windows. Do you know where to look or what to try? This same Org
> file, the same init.el and the same emacs version work without any
> problem in Linux.
>
> Any clues?

I guess something of the decoded URL, like "/machine:8080", is treated
as remote file name Tramp feels responsible for.

Could you please send a short example file which triggers the bug? I
would try to debug it then.

Please note that I don't use org regularly, so some comments on what to
do with that file would be helpful.

Best regards, Michael.