Re: [O] org-indent-mode corrupted most of a big org file

From: Alexander Baier
Subject: Re: [O] org-indent-mode corrupted most of a big org file
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 18:37:44 +0100

Hello Johann,

On 13-12-03 18:23 Johann Spies wrote:
> Hello Alexander,
>
> Thanks for your attention.
>>
>> that is strange.  I cannot remember doing something else besides putting
>> the mentioned code into my init file.  I can only think of these
>> "trivial" reason why this does not work for you:
>>
>> - Did you evaluate the code or restarted your emacs?
>
> Yes, I killed emacs (daemon) and restarted it.  How do you evaluate
> (reload) ~/.emacs from emacs running?

There are several ways of doing this.  You can open your ~/.emacs and
simply do M-x eval-buffer RET.  But it would also be sufficient to just
evaluate the newly added sexp, e.g. by marking them and calling M-x
eval-region.

[...]

> I have done this on two computers - at work (the earlier message) and home.

Than I am out of ideas.  You could take a look at the manual yourself
and see, if we missed something: (info "(Emacs) Backup").

(In case you do not know how to open the manual based on the expression
above: Place your curser after the ')' closing the info expression and
press `C-x C-e'.)

Regards,
--
 Alexander Baier