[O] electric-pair-mode

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: [O] electric-pair-mode
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 20:16:03 +0100 (CET)

I am a new user of org-mode. But I have used electric-pair-mode for
quite a long time, and marking some text and hitting left parenthesis
to parenthesize the marked text has become second nature.

However, if I try this in an org-mode buffer, it erases the marked
text and replaces it with the backwards pair )( instead. Not useful!

So is there a way to make org-self-insert-command compatible with
electric-pair-mode?

– Harald