Re: [O] electric-pair-mode

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: [O] electric-pair-mode
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 18:12:06 +0100 (CET)

[Bastien <address@hidden> (2013-12-06 13:50:58 UTC)]

> > So is there a way to make org-self-insert-command compatible with
> > electric-pair-mode?
>
> it works fine for me.

I have been told (off list) that delete-selection-mode could be the
culprit. And indeed, turning it off fixes the problem. But I don't
want to du that, as I have gotten quite fond of it. But it could
explain why it works for you. The same person told me that autopair
might be a good alternativ to electric-pair-mode. So I will give that
a shot.

> What version of Org are you using?

It's version 7.9.3f, bundled with the GNU emacs development sources
(as of a month or so ago). That appears to be quite old? I would like
a newer one anyhow, if only for the improved orgstruct-mode.

– Harald