Re: [O] text-only plots

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] text-only plots
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 13:19:23 +0100

Hi Thierry,

On Sun, Dec 08, 2013 at 11:10:47PM +0000, Thierry Banel wrote:
> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > This is not a lot of code - I would not mind simply integrating this into
> org-table.el  The only hickup might be
> > that this could be trouble for the exporters - or have you produced the
> webpage directly from an org file?
>
> I'm not sure I understand the exporters issue.
> Do you talk about the html exporter, the Odt exporter, and so on ?
> Well, once a plot has been added to a table, it is just text.
> It will be exported as any other content in the table.
> Maybe I'm missing something...
>
> Yes, this webpage:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/orgtbl-ascii-plot.html
> was produced by the Worg engine, from a regular Org file.

Technically speaking, it is not exported as a table since you put it as
part of example block.  However a quick test tells me, html export will
work fine (screenshot attached).  However LaTeX export is an entirely
different story.  Unicode support in normal pdflatex is quite
non-trivial.  If you use XeLaTeX, I think you could get it to work with
some appropriate choice of fonts.  I tried libertine and dejavu without
any luck.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu