Re: [O] hyperlink to customize

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] hyperlink to customize
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 16:14:53 -0500

Brady Trainor <address@hidden> writes:

> As I climb the org-mode (and Emacs) learning curve, I like to have things
> like hyperlinks to frequently visited places available.
>

> I can link to info, but not sure how to link to the customize, er, mode?
> buffer?
>

> I assume I should consider it an external link, or anyways assume I should
> use the elisp:blah method from http://orgmode.org/manual/External-
> links.html#External-links.
>

> So, my naïve attempt is to use
>

>     elisp:customize
>

> This does not work, any ideas? Custom links?

In Lisp, the form

   (foo bar baz)

says: call the function foo with arguments bar and baz.  To call the
customize function without arguments, you say

        (customize)

so to call it from an elisp link, you say

[[elisp:(customize)]]

Calling arbitrary functions hidden behind links is potentially
dangerous, so org-babel will nag you before evaluating the form and only
carry out the evaluation if you answer the question positively.

Nick