Re: [O] Bash script to update - only make when update there?

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Bash script to update - only make when update there?
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 18:00:58 +0100

Rainer M Krug writes:
> git checkout master
> make update

This doesn't update at all since you never do a "git pull" on master.

> which works nicely, but I would like to only execute the "make update"
> if git updated something - I am sure this is possible, but how?

I really don't see why you'd need to use a shell script for that
(instead of adding your own target in local.mk), but that aside you'd
want to compare the SHA1 of your checkout with the SHA1 of your last
install (for instancefrom org-version.el).  If there wasn't an update
these two would be identical.

Regards,
Achim.