Re: [O] Problem with #+BEGIN_SRC shell, and export

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with #+BEGIN_SRC shell, and export
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 11:53:30 -0700

François Pinard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, Org people.
>
> Let me make this report from memory, now that I'm back home! :-)
>
> In an Org file, a coworker used "#+BEGIN_SRC shell" where he should have
> written "#+BEGIN_SRC sh".  While this looks like a benign error to me,
> it broke my publishing script, and I did not figure at once what was
> happening.  At export time, when Emacs is called in batch, the export
> procedure dies.  Emacs says that some process disappeared, and I think I
> got that the batch Emacs tries to start "M-x shell" under the scene.
>
> Could the HTML exporter (or all of them) protect itself (themselves)
> better?  Or else, maybe, if this is a reasonable to do, could Org tell
> us, somehow, whenever a source mode (like "shell", here) is "wrong"?
>
> François

Perhaps one could add '("shell" . 'sh) to org-src-lang-modes.  That
would protect against this particular error.  Whatever solution is
adopted should be easily discovered and sidestepped in case anyone
actually did want to export code using shell-mode for highlighting.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte