Re: [O] TikZ (circuitikz) and org-preview-latex-fragment don't play nice

From: Mark Edgington
Subject: Re: [O] TikZ (circuitikz) and org-preview-latex-fragment don't play nicely together
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:02:36 -0500

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 3:46 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
> Mark Edgington <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> Is there any way that I can make it so that without a lot of "hacks" I
>> can make the previews appear as white-on-black, and the PDFs print
>> black on white?  Would something need to change with how org-mode
>> handles previewing to make this possible?

[...]

> I think the key is the =org-format-latex-options= variable.  I have no
> idea whether this is used by the exporter or just for previewing LaTeX
> in org.

Hi Eric,

I tried modifying org-format-latex-options (and disabling the global
'gray' TikZ setting I had previously had) like you have it, where
:foreground and :background are specified explicitly, but the result
is the same as when :foreground and :background are set to 'default'
-- the electrical components aren't visible.

It seems like what is needed is an extra key in
org-format-latex-options that allows one to add the equivalent of
#+LaTeX_HEADER: options (which only apply when (pre)viewing fragments
within emacs.  Or is there some other way to make this work?

Regards,

Mark