Re: [O] ox-latex: Is \uline really right for underlining?

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] ox-latex: Is \uline really right for underlining?
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 14:47:57 +0800

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 10:40 AM, James Harkins
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 10:47:42 PM HKT, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>>>
>>> Is "ulem" one of the LaTeX export default packages?
>>
>> Yes, it is. See `org-latex-default-packages-alist'.
>
> Ah... I must have customized that at some point.

And... I just found why I had customized it. It was because of
hyperref's (idiotic) default behavior of drawing red boxes around
links.

I'm not sure how "ulem" didn't make it into my customized setting.
Maybe "ulem" was added to the default packages list after I made the
customization.

What's the best way to handle that? I really want the "hidelinks"
option for hyperref to be used globally. But, customizing
org-latex-default-packages-alist means that I will miss updates to
that variable in future org versions.

Should I leave org-latex-default-packages-alist alone, and add my own
entry for hyperref into org-latex-packages-alist? (Would there be any
ill effect from having two \usepackage{hyperref} lines in the
preamble, with different options?)

hjh