[O] Splitting up inline LaTeX

From: Laurens Van Houtven
Subject: [O] Splitting up inline LaTeX
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 14:01:22 +0100

Hi!

I'm using org-mode with the LaTeX export to write a book. I'm having issues with inline LaTeX citations (\cite{some label}) and glossary references (\gls{some label}). When the label (the thing in between the curly braces) is split across lines, the org-mode LaTeX exporter escapes the curly braces, so I get something like:

the beginning of the line \cite\{the first part of the label
the latter part of the label\} the rest of the line

The extra escaping of the curlies makes LaTeX very unhappy. I would like to teach org-mode that stuff like that needs to be kept together, much like $math mode stuff$. I tried reading the manual for advice, but those are neither inline math (so not $$ delimited) nor an environment (\begin{} and \end{} delimited), which are the two cases that the manual covers.

thanks in advance
lvh