Re: [O] Unable to push to org-mobile

From: Dror Atariah
Subject: Re: [O] Unable to push to org-mobile
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 21:32:02 +0100

On Dec 13, 2013, at 20:51 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:

Dror Atariah <address@hidden> writes:

On Dec 13, 2013, at 16:08 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:

Dror Atariah <address@hidden> writes:

Today I realized that I cannot execute successfully 'org-mobile-push'. In particular here is the output from '*Messages*':

Creating agendas...
Agenda written to Org file /Users/drorata/Dropbox/MobileOrg/agendas.org
Creating agendas...done
Saving all Org-mode buffers...
(No files need saving)
Saving all Org-mode buffers... done
Copying files...
Writing index file...
org-mobile-create-index-file: Wrong type argument: sequencep, :grouptags

I first step I took was to update the package; now 'org-version' yields
"Org-mode version 8.2.4 (8.2.4-3-g7fe99a-elpa @
/Users/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20131209/)". However,
problem is still
here.

Next I don't really know what to do... I have all my emacs' settings in
https://github.com/drorata/emacs_setup

How can I debug this problem and solve it?

In the same way that you debug all such problems: toggle debug-on-error,
try to do org-mobile-push again and look at the resulting backtrace (or
post it so others can look at it).
I evaluated (setq debug-on-error t), and then executed org-mobile-push again. There was no output in the *Backtrace* buffer....

Try deleting the org-mobile.elc file and reloading org-mobile.el. Then
try evaluating

    (let ((debug-on-error t))
         (org-mobile-push))

and see if that gives you a backtrace.

Managed to get output...

I could not find my way in this output... :(

A shot in the dark: what's the value of org-tag-alist?
The value of org-tag-alist is:

(("PRIVATE" . 112)
(:startgroup)
("WORK" . 119)
(:grouptags)
("address@hidden" . 109)
("address@hidden" . 105)
("address@hidden" . 100)
("address@hidden")
(:endgroup \.nil)
             ^^^^^
This looks strange to me, although it's not clear it would cause the
problem even if it is wrong (which it may or may not be).
Indeed strange, and probably a typo. There was a missing space. I corrected this before taking the measures you mentioned above.

Nick

Best,
Dror