Re: [O] org2blog problems.

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org2blog problems.
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 19:45:33 -0500

Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> writes:

> I have been attempting to use emacs org2blog but am now consistently
> getting this error report -
> Contacting host: www.sharons.org.uk:80
> xml-rpc-xml-to-response: XML-RPC fault `Incorrect username or password.'
>
> I'm using '.netrc' and this is -
> machine host100
> myblog A taste of linux
> login boudiccas
> password rhubarbandcustard
>
> This is the relevant sections in my .emacs -
> (setq load-path (cons "~/.emacs.d/elpa/org2blog-20130707.323"
> load-path)) ;; depends on netrc, xml-rpc
> (require 'netrc)
> (require 'xml-rpc-autoloads)
> (require 'org2blog-autoloads)
> (require 'metaweblog)
>
> ;; load the entry 'A taste of linux' in the ~/.netrc, we obtain a
> hash-map with the needed data ;; now enter the data in the org2blog
> list of blogs (require 'netrc) ;; or nothing if already in the load-path
> (setq blog (netrc-machine (netrc-parse "~/.netrc") "A taste of linux"
> t)) (setq org2blog/wp-blog-alist
>       '(("A taste of linux"
>          :url "http://www.sharons.org.uk/xmlrpc.php";
>          :username (netrc-get blog "login")
>          :password (netrc-get blog "password"))))
> (add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'org2blog/wp-mode)
>
> Why cant I log on with org2blog please? Is it because either .netrc or
> org2blog have a maximum password length please? That’s the only thing
> that I can think of as to why it is consistently failing.

>From a very cursory reading, I'd say your .netrc is wrong - it should
look like this:

machine "A taste of linux" login boudiccas password rhubarbandcustard

Untested and with no warranty, express, implied or otherwise - in
particular I don't know if the spaces in the "machine" name cause
problems. OTOH, I think netrc.el parses it correctly. And I hope that
the password is either fictitious or you are going to change it asap.

Nick