Re: [O] Insert a heading in every sibling

From: Yasushi SHOJI
Subject: Re: [O] Insert a heading in every sibling
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 15:04:22 +0900

Hi,

At Mon, 28 Oct 2013 06:13:21 +0500,
Scot Becker wrote:

> I'm using org-mode to keep track of student grades.  How can I easily add a
> bunch of identical headings at a certain level in my tree?   Specifically,I
> have a L2 heading for each student, and I want to put a node (heading, with
> some properties) under each L2 student heading for that class.

It is not a org solution but I'd recommend using multiple cursor by
Magnar Sveen of Emacs rocks.

 - http://emacsrocks.com/e13.html
 - https://github.com/magnars/multiple-cursors.el

> * Class One
> ** Sarah Adams
> *** Essay One
> Here is my comment to the student on their essay.  The grade/mark itself
> will be stored as a property or priority.
[...]

In the case of above, do the following after properly installed mc:

 1. mark `Essay One'
 2. call `mc/mark-all-like-this'
 3. C-<Enter>
 4. Type 'Essay Two'

Viola! Now you have new `Essay Two' entries even if you already have
one. ;-p

My two cents,
--
          yashi